Thursday, January 15, 2009

No Joke...

I'm sitting here working on email. Aubrey is upstairs in the game room playing on the computer. Blaine is standing in the living room by me going through a basket of candy. They each have two boxes of game shaped candy (sweet tarts) in the basket. Here is the conversation that ensues, both children yelling between floors...

Blaine: I think mine are the Clue and Monopoly games!

Aubrey: Yours are the Clue and Monopoly games!

Blaine: NOOOOO, mine are the Clue and Monopoly games!

Aubrey: That's what I said! Yours are the Clue and Monopoly games!

Blaine (completely indignant): I did not hear you!!! I was too busy talking!!!

Blaine then looks at me, as he pops a sweet tart in his mouth and calmly now: I LOVE sweet tarts! They bring health and joy! Ahhh, health and joy *sigh*

Never a dull moment :)

No comments: