Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm Tired...

Let me start by saying that I have no idea how single parents do it. My day started with the usual getting the kids ready and dropping them off at school. Then, I came home to get myself ready and met the "ladies" at Panera Bread for brunch. After that, I grocery shopped at Target (I also got some great deals on clothes for the Aubs and had a sweet note left on my windshield by Ashley and Kelly- that made my day!), came home, put the groceries away, made a phone call to "old" Heather (I'm "new" Heather at church) about the upcoming Super Bowl festivities, went to the mall to restock on Proactiv (also got sucked into a makeup demonstration and bought way too much stuff), picked up the kids from school, went to Walgreen's to pick up Brandon's meds, got myself and the kids dinner, came back home, fed the kids aforementioned dinner, and worked like crazy on Aubrey's science project (SERIOUSLY, why do they give 3rd graders science projects for their parents to do!?). Now, I'm waiting for the kids to finish baths so I can put them to bed and then crash. Where is my hubby? Well, he is at a work engagement. You know, the Rockets/Lakers game. Ever heard of it? Yeah, important business stuff. I am so glad he doesn't travel like he used to. I have gotten really used to having him home and I enjoy it. Days like today are exhausting. Good night.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Sheesh.

kelly said...

Ashley and I are just precious.

Anonymous said...

single, working parents just do it.

Anonymous said...

oh, and we pray