Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
One thing interesting...Dr. Gill came in before they took me back and explained to me why he decided to do it today. The nurse had said, Friday afternoon, that my progesterone had taken a big jump and he didn't want me to ovulate. Well, Dr. Gill said that the reason my progesterone took that jump was because one or two of my follicles had already ovulated! The ovulated follicles release the progesterone and tell your uterus (if you have one :) that it's time to head into another phase of the process. He was concerned that the rest of the follicles would ovulate, so they triggered me immediately. He also said that if we had been putting the embryos back in me, we would have had to cancel the entire cycle because of the change to the uterus from this happening! I am so glad that the nurse left all that out on Friday. I would have been nervous about ovulating all weekend!
So, thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'm good and so relieved that part is done! We'll know tomorrow how many fertilized and whether we are transferring on Tuesday or Thursday. I'll update then!
Friday, March 27, 2009
An exciting weekend ahead...
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Oh, and the picture above is my feet wearing the socks I wore today. Yep ladies, I wore these to the "female doctor" today. You know the nurse loved that!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Dawn and I started our Lupron yesterday (I figured one day wouldn't make that big of a difference) and we're still looking at ER around April 1st. We're on the way!
Plus today, immediately after court, I went to my orthopedic surgeon- I had a lumbar fusion done six months and one week ago (counting every day :) He said I am not totally healed so I did not get full clearance (still can't bend, twist, or lift-bungee jumping is out too); however, he freed me from the prosthetic back brace I've been in for six months and one week!!! I cannot tell you how wonderful that is...that thing is big, bulky, incredibly uncomfortable and hot. Six months has been a long time!
It's been a GREAT day!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Yep, we just got the call!!! We go to court tomorrow morning at 8:30!!! I could not be happier, at least until tomorrow when we get the "a-ok" from the judge and I get my back brace off in the same day! Now, let's just pray that is actually what happens and I don't get held up in court so I can make it to my 10:45 surgeon's appointment on time!
This morning, I took the kids to school and was listening to the local Christian station on the way home. The DJ said that she has recently learned that waiting is always made easier when you wait on the Lord rather than waiting on "the thing". Wow! I so needed to hear that. I have decided not to stroke out and instead wait on the Lord. If we hear something, I'm sure you'll hear me scream from NE Houston around the world.
In other news, I have my big back appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I am praying to be able to trash this gigantic back brace and move on with my life post back surgery. Six months is a looooonnnnnnng time in a back brace.
To answer a few questions:
- No, we do not live near a pig farm (hilarious Jenn!). We live in a pretty urban area- the middle of a subdivision. However the pig got here, it's pretty incredible that it wound up in my yard of all yards.
- As far as the ridiculous debt collector, apparently the debt he's wanting to collect is with Columbia House- you know the DVD, music order thingy. Well, they're a scam in and of themselves and there is no way to reach an actual person there. That's part of the problem. When the charge was originally and fraudulently made, I could not contact them to let them know that, neither could my bank. I googled the "debt collector's" number and they have a TON of fraud claims against them. I put a fraud alert on my credit and am keeping an eye on it. If something appears, I'll file a dispute. Hopefully, they are going to leave me alone.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Today has been way overwhelming. I started out the day being upset at how our social worker drags her feet and is in no hurry whatsoever to help us. I ended it by screaming on the phone with a debt collection agency who is threatening my credit score over a charge made in my name when my identity was stolen in September 2007. So, I'm bringing back the random thoughts for today...
- I think I'm going to join Kelly in the "I can never eat pork again" camp.
- Why is it that people only get in a hurry for themselves? Why do they think they're doing good when they squeak in at the deadline, instead of having it done days earlier instead of playing solitaire online (at least that's what I imagine her, uh, I mean them doing.)?
- I am so eager and excited to get moving with this surrogacy, but at the same time I am scared stupid that something will go wrong or the baby won't like me or something like that.
- I was so angry on the phone with that jerk of a debt collector that I not only began to cry, I was shaking and felt like I was having a stroke! Seriously, I filed a police report and handled this back in October of 2007 and now they want to come after me!? And would you believe that when I began to question them about how they think they can do that when all they have is my name and phone number correct (everything else is the "real" person's information), said jerk hung up on me!!! I called the number back and he picked up and hung up the phone again!
- In October of 2007 when the identity theft occurred, I filed a police report and gave them all the information I could gather on the impostor me from the creditors they'd taken out debts with. I handed them the person's birthdate, social security number, address (they were paying their phone service, internet, and blockbuster delivery with my account-smart crooks!), email address, and even their first pet's name. The good ol' detective did nothing! Zilch! Nada! My bank refunded me my money and and changed my account number. I guess that was supposed to satisfy my lust for their head. Since then, the people have tried several times to get car loans in my name and now, a year and a half later, here I am with debt collectors threatening to ruin my credit! Oy!!! I want these people in jail! They disgust me. I know where they live (about a mile down the road) and I want to go confront them myself, but Brandon says I can't.
- I ordered our meds today for the IVF cycle! They should be here tomorrow!!!
- I will attend my first ever school board meeting tomorrow night. I'm nervous. It's about a school boundaries proposal and I have a feeling it's going to get ugly.
- Dieting is hard work.
- My house is once again a wreck. It's an endless cycle: clean, dirty, clean, dirty... you get my point.
- I'm going to lunch with Rachel tomorrow. I love Rachel.
Monday, March 2, 2009
In case you can't tell...It's the head, and only the head, of a hog!!! Yes, I am serious. I screamed my face off, ran away (returning later for pictures), and nearly vomited! I have no clue how it got there and hope to never see it again (the ratty terrier eventually took off with it- despite my efforts to keep him from it). I don't think I'll ever wear those shoes again and I really think that someone has it out for me. It still makes me nauseous to think about it. Everyday truly is an adventure around here. Keep in mind it was actually about 18 inches from snout to neck and I stuck my foot in its head. Top that!