Friday, March 13, 2009

What Great Days Are Made Of...

Just wanted to let everyone know that we finally got the state of Texas to clear us for surrogacy! Brandon and I went to court with our attorney this morning and officially "adopted" our soon-to-be embryos! The judge gave us the validation and we are on.

Dawn and I started our Lupron yesterday (I figured one day wouldn't make that big of a difference) and we're still looking at ER around April 1st. We're on the way!

Plus today, immediately after court, I went to my orthopedic surgeon- I had a lumbar fusion done six months and one week ago (counting every day :) He said I am not totally healed so I did not get full clearance (still can't bend, twist, or lift-bungee jumping is out too); however, he freed me from the prosthetic back brace I've been in for six months and one week!!! I cannot tell you how wonderful that is...that thing is big, bulky, incredibly uncomfortable and hot. Six months has been a long time!

It's been a GREAT day!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats Heather!!!

Jennifer said...

So so excited for you guys!!! We're all transferring within days of each other - Allison & I, then you & Dawn, then Jenni & Laura! We're all gonna be knocked up together!!!

Jennifer said...

So????? How are things in Lupron world????

J and D said...

Congratulations!!!!!!