Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Preparing...

I have begun to shop. I have become a complete etsy addict and have tons of cute stuff on order. I also ordered my gDiapers (so super cute!). It's all really exciting. I am such a different person than I was when Aubrey and Blaine were babies...never in a million years did I think I would be using any form of cloth diapers or wearing my baby, but I am planning on it. And, today, my MobyWrap arrived! It got here and I messed with it a little bit (and quickly learned I am going to need some practice). A little while later, Aubrey disappears into my bedroom. She reappeared with a scarf from my closet and her baby doll like this:
She spent the afternoon with her baby in her "wrap". It was really sweet and made me realize how incredibly happy I am that she is going to have the opportunity to see me be a mom to a baby. Blaine and her are only 14 months apart,so she has no memory of what it's like to have a baby in the house. I think these are really important lessons for her to learn as a child and I'm so glad I'm going to be the one to teach her. I'm sure when I start pumping in a few weeks and then when Abram arrives and I'm breastfeeding, things will get interesting :)

1 comment:

Baby Maker said...

Yay for cloth diapers! I love it, people usually turn their nose up when I say they should try it! Never used the G diapers though...i stick to Fuzzi Bunz and Thirsties all in ones.

I could never get the hang of the moby, my youngest was so fat he seemed to drag my knees lol, i kept hitching him up and he'd keep creeeeeping down. I tried a hotsling and I think the one I got was too small...ended up just carrying him or using the dreaded pain in the back bjorn.