Monday, September 15, 2008

The Latest...

I just wanted to post a quick update to let you all know that we're here. A lot of you have tried to check in on us and I really appreciate it. We are "hunkered" down still, without power. Thank God we were able to get a generator so we can at least cool off at night. I was released from the hospital a little early just so I could be home in time for the hurricane. We were unable to evacuate since I have a 20 mile limit, as far as traveling. We have no idea how long it will be until our power is up and since we can't leave, we're just hoping we don't run out of gas. I am so thankful for Brandon's parents who came here straight from suffering Gustav to help us. I don't know what we would have done without them. I know there are a lot of people who are suffering and we have so much to be thankful for: our lives and very minor property damage. It's just very difficult trying to recover from major surgery without power (and pretty depressing). Keep us in your prayers! Our cell phone towers have been taken over by FEMA apparently so, no phone service for us. I will try to check email and myspace a couple of times a day if anyone needs us (or you can comment here and our home phone is hit or miss). I'm off to cry now...

No comments: