Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Countdown has Begun!

We have had evacuees for the past three days. My mom, Cole, and Maw Maw fled Hurricane Gustav and hung out with us. They were able to head home today and thankfully, everything is good back "home". Brandon's family didn't fair so well in Baton Rouge, but it's only property damage. They are without electricity for no one knows how long, so I feel for them. That is absolutely miserable! Now, we're hoping that the roads will be clear enough for his parents to make it here on Monday.



The countdown to surgery has officially begun. One week from today, I'll be in recovery. I am SO ready to be done with this! People keeping asking me if I am nervous. I am, but the hope of being well far outweighs the fear at this point. So, in honor of that, here's a list of things that I am unable to do right now (and for the past several weeks) and am looking forward to being able to do again:




  • Walk further than my bed or couch to the kitchen or bathroom without pain.

  • Stand for any period of time (more than a couple of minutes).

  • Bend over- AT ALL

  • Put on socks.

  • Wear shoes that aren't slip-ons.

  • Roll over in bed without help.

  • Get in bed without help.

  • Dry off the bottom half of my body after a shower or bath.

  • Get in the car and lift my non-leading leg in without having to pick it up with my hands and put it in.

  • Do anything without grunting and groaning!

So, here's to one more week until recovery begins!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!! I am glad to hear everything is ok with your family...Baton Rouge is no good. Throught the grapevine we have heard school will be out for awhile in Ascension! I am in Livingston now...we aren't suppose to get back power for about three weeks!! Anyways, good luck with your surgery!! Keep us posted.

Sara Borne