The countdown to surgery has officially begun. One week from today, I'll be in recovery. I am SO ready to be done with this! People keeping asking me if I am nervous. I am, but the hope of being well far outweighs the fear at this point. So, in honor of that, here's a list of things that I am unable to do right now (and for the past several weeks) and am looking forward to being able to do again:
- Walk further than my bed or couch to the kitchen or bathroom without pain.
- Stand for any period of time (more than a couple of minutes).
- Bend over- AT ALL
- Put on socks.
- Wear shoes that aren't slip-ons.
- Roll over in bed without help.
- Get in bed without help.
- Dry off the bottom half of my body after a shower or bath.
- Get in the car and lift my non-leading leg in without having to pick it up with my hands and put it in.
- Do anything without grunting and groaning!
So, here's to one more week until recovery begins!