Monday, October 22, 2012

Delayed

In case not everyone has figured it out, we were delayed. Two weeks ago, I went in for my baseline ultrasound before starting injections and, TMI alert, I was in the process of ovulating through the birth control pills they had me on. Not good. Our RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) had me do a trigger injection that night to reset my ovaries. I then had blood work done last Wednesday to verify that worked. It did, so tomorrow I go in for another baseline ultrasound. If all looks well, I will start meds on Friday with a tentative retrieval November 6, 7, or 8 (the timing of these things is always a mystery). I am a nervous wreck. I just want all to go according to plan for ONCE! Because of this delay, poor Ivy has been on meds for nearly a month. She's such a trooper and has not complained at all. She's one of the good ones I tell you.

The closer we get, the more anxious I get. I know I haven't gone into a lot of detail about our cycle in August, but trust me, it was a nightmare. My body revolted in just about every way possible and I was sick as a dog. So sick that after 13 years of marriage, I puked in my husband's car (multiple times). He still loves me though ;) I'm not looking forward to the physical torture cycling and retrieval are, but it will be so worth it when we see that little flicker on the ultrasound for the first time! I'm going to hold on to that image and pray my body takes it easy on me this go 'round. So, if you have a minute, please pray for us tomorrow morning that another step is complete and we get the green light. I promise to update as soon as I can too.

Oh, one bright spot, the same day we found out about our medical delay, our PBO was granted by the judge. No more legal hurdles! Now, we just need an embryo or two to go with that piece of paper!

No comments: