Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time...

I am really at a loss for where the time goes.  Everything has been a blur since Memorial Day.  My brother and I flew up to OH on Memorial Day and immediately drove approximately 2 hours to the funeral home in a little tiny, wonderful town.  We attended the visitation for our grandfather and then visited with family.  After that, we drove back about an hour to our hotel in another small town.  Tuesday morning, back to the funeral home for the funeral...sadness.  We went to lunch at the church hall after that and then visited with family some more.  Then, we drove back to my dad and stepmom's house in another speck on the map :) about 3 hours away.  Wednesday and Thursday morning were spent relaxing, visiting, and reminiscing.  Thursday afternoon, Scott and I drove about 2 1/2 hours to the airport and headed home.  I am so grateful we got to go and it was so nice to see everyone, aside from the circumstances, but whew!  Friday, I did house things.  Saturday, I drove Scott back to his home in Waco- about a 3 1/2 hour trip each way.  I was/am exhausted.  Now, it's Wednesday and this week has been spent playing "catch up" and preparing for our vacation.  We leave tomorrow morning for 10 days.  We'll spend tomorrow night in Baton Rouge (4 1/2 hour drive) at Brandon's parents and then, Friday morning, we head to Panama City (another 6 hours) for 8 days of much needed R&R.  We'll do the same thing the following week, but in reverse ;)  So, I'm spending today cleaning and packing (and blogging, obvs).  I cannot wait to be on the beach, relaxing, with an empty brain.  I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post when we return to make everyone jealous!

On another note, today is the kids last day of school.  At day's end, I'll have a 4th grader and a 3rd grader!  Seriously!?  Where does the time go?!     

No comments: